Subject: Re: Alpha (fwd)
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Turpin <mark@liquidgravity.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/13/1998 16:01:20
No, not right now.  What you have is an sx164, which is not compatible
with the pc164 processor.  In order to run the alphapc port of NetBSD, you
must have a pc processor.  At least, that has come to be the assumption of
myself, and others on this list.  However, don't be worried, it is my
understanding that work is being done as we speak on porting netbsd for
the sx due to the sx's habit of getting hosed after a machine check on set
irqstat and halting, and rebooting into a endless loop until its turned
off.  Its a b*tch to work with, and quite annoying, however until "they" =
being the people that are _much_ more familiar with porting os's to
different arch's finish/progress on it, then you are out of luck just like
the rest of us stuck in rhlinux 5.0 (i assume you are in 5.0).

Good luck,

|Mark Turpin        | 5029 Towne South Rd        | Your here,      |
| Network Engineer, | St. Louis, MO 63128        | there's nothing |
| Liquid Gravity    | mark@liquidgravity.com     | I fear. -Titanic|
|            We are dedicated to our customers' success!           |