Subject: RE: Alpha (fwd)
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.futureone.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/11/1998 06:53:54
I read a similar news item about the alpha.. saying that it's fate is really
undecided.  That on the one hand Compaq won't piss off intel by directly
competing with it.  But on the other hand digital did so, and bought Intel
chips by the barrel at the same time.

But either way.. I expect the alpha to die pretty quickly.  I can't imagine
compaq is actually interested in that market group, and will gleefully cut
thier costs and move thier alpha people over to Merced.

As a side note..  I'll bet you 10:1 you can kiss Digital Unix and OpenVMS
goodbye.

Hey.. maybe they will stop charging for SRM.  laff.. yeah right.

---
Tim Rightnour    -  root@garbled.futureone.com
http://www.zynetwc.com/~garbled/garbled.html