Subject: ISA DMA testers needed (again :-)
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/17/1998 16:15:09
Over the last couple of days, I've been fixing some bugs in the SGMAP
DMA code used for, among other things, ISA DMA (it's also used for
PCI and EISA DMA on systems with more memory than 1G).

I've been beating SGMAP DMA on my AlphaStation 600 pretty extensively,
but I can't get my Adaptec 1542 to work properly (I'm unable to get
the SRM to configure it, so the kernel doesn't find it; does anyone
have hints on adding ISA devices to an AlphaStation 600?  "isacfg" is
what the NoName uses, but that doens't exist on a 600, and the "ecu"
is an ARC application that wants to be loaded from disk, which I don't
have, sigh).

Curt Sampson did some initial DMA testing on his NoName with a 1542,
and if he could do that again, I'd be very grateful (hey curt, I think
I've solved those until-now-unexplained machine checks you were seeing!)

A GENERIC + DDB kernel is up for FTP:

 ftp://ftp.netbsd.org:/ftp/pub/incoming/thorpej/hide/netbsd-alpha-GENERIC.gz

Thanks!

NAS: M/S 258-6                                       Work: +1 650 604 0935