Subject: How to prevent autoboot?
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Seifert <seifert@sequent.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/10/1998 11:34:27
On the Multia/UDB, once one has set the autoboot variables in SRM to
autoboot NetBSD from a harddrive, how does one get back to a SRM prompt?

I've looked through the documentation (perhaps I'm missing some?)
and tried banging on ^C and such during boot, but no joy.

I want to install 1.3 on a different drive, leaving 1.2 in place
"just in case", and then tell SRM to boot from the other drive.

The only way I've found is to make the boot disk inaccessable
(unplug it from SCSI bus, power it down, etc.) which is a pretty
ugly workaround, especially if it is booting from the internal drive.
There must be a better way?

thanks,
Dave