Subject: Re: INSTALL.alpha document available!
To: Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/26/1997 23:55:10
On Fri, Dec 26, 1997 at 10:17:41PM +0100, Wilko Bulte wrote:
> >> the last time I checked ftp.nl.netbsd was very incomplete. Are
> >> mirrors supposed to be full mirrors?
> 	Netherlands
> 	*   ftp://ftp.nl.netbsd.org/pub/comp/NetBSD

It's not a complete mirror, though it does contain:

	* -current (in all its forms, including xsrc and pkgsrc)
	* the latest release
	* the arch/ subdirs, though not for all architectures

That's a pretty useful mirror.. It does not have the ALPHA and
BETA stuff, but that's because those weren't exported using SUP.
At first at least, I believe that this has now been changed, but
it's too late for me to change the setup to fetch those now.

I can't make it a complete mirror because of disksize constraints.
If there's someone within .nl with the opportunity to provide
a fast, stable and complete mirror, I'll be happy to pass the buck.

- Frank