Subject: New Install Floppy Image
To: NetBSD Alpha Users <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Curt Sampson <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/20/1997 23:20:26
I've uploaded yet another version of install13_BETA.fs to
in /pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.3_BETA/alpha/installation/floppy. There are a
couple of changes here:

1. It's now in uncompressed format, so that those who have access only
to a DOS/Windows machine to write the install floppy can do so with
RAWRITE.EXE, without having to find a gunzip for DOS as well.

2. It has what appear to be a working installation and upgrade
scripts.  These have not been heavily tested, but they do seem to
disklabel the disk and install boot blocks correctly. If people
could hammer on these a lot in the next day or so, I'd appreciate
it, since this is the last not-very-well-tested area of the release.

An INSTALL document is under preparation, and should be available in
the next day or two.

Curt Sampson	   Info at
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite mist, software reverberates