Subject: New Install Floppy Image
To: NetBSD Alpha Users <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/20/1997 23:20:26
I've uploaded yet another version of install13_BETA.fs to ftp.netbsd.org
in /pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.3_BETA/alpha/installation/floppy. There are a
couple of changes here:

1. It's now in uncompressed format, so that those who have access only
to a DOS/Windows machine to write the install floppy can do so with
RAWRITE.EXE, without having to find a gunzip for DOS as well.

2. It has what appear to be a working installation and upgrade
scripts.  These have not been heavily tested, but they do seem to
disklabel the disk and install boot blocks correctly. If people
could hammer on these a lot in the next day or so, I'd appreciate
it, since this is the last not-very-well-tested area of the release.

An INSTALL document is under preparation, and should be available in
the next day or two.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite mist, software reverberates