Subject: Stable Toolchain Available
To: NetBSD/Alpha Users <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Curt Sampson <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/18/1997 09:40:04
I have just uploaded the compiled version of the "WORKING-alpha" toolchain
from our source tree. This is known to be pretty stable; I've been using
it for many months. It will be the official toolchain of the 1.3 release. contains
both the source and binary archives. You should untar it from your
root directory.  (It installs into usr/local, but there are a couple
of symlinks outside of that to keep things from breaking.)

is a symbolic link to this.)

I'll be doing some more work on the install this week-end. (Work
and other pressures will not let me get to it before then.) I'm
still waiting for a reply back from core or the release engineers
as to what this means for the alpha 1.3 release.

Curt Sampson	   Info at
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite mist, software reverberates