Subject: RE: Boot Floppy Test
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.futureone.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/15/1997 19:04:02
On 15-Dec-97 Curt Sampson spoke unto us all:
#
# Is there someone out there who's booted the NetBSD-1.3_BETA boot
# floppy successfully? Unfortunately, I've lost an important disk
# drive at home which has brought down my entire network, so I have
# no access to my Alphas to test anything at this point. I'd really
# like to confirm that it's just Tim's multia, and not the boot
# floppies, that are broken.
#

I'd blame just about anything on my multia... but the srm console is saying no
boot sector on disk sec. 0.  The OLD ALPHA boot floppy from 1105 works fine..
still..  The other person CC'd in the mail I initially sent you informed me of
the floppy problem, and I tried it too before sending it to you..

For once it's NOT my multia.  everything else is though.. ;)

---
Tim Rightnour    -  root@garbled.futureone.com
http://www.zynetwc.com/~garbled/garbled.html