Subject: Kernel Build: Multia Woes
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.futureone.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/08/1997 19:21:18
It actually surprised me.. I figured my machine was totally useless without
swap.. but if i just don't configure any swap.. it's ok..

So I went to the task of building a kernel..  Wasn't exactly expecting a speedy
run of it or anything.. but it was grinding along..  Until it got to the very
last step. The ld where it creates the "netbsd"

It sat there.. grinding cpu like there was no tomorrow..

Eventually something crashed my nfs server in the night.. (grrr..  wiped out my
alpha partition and the ethernet card got smoked.. but thats totally unrelated
to this) Either way.. it had still done nothing to netbsd after all that.  Just
a 0 byte file.

So here I am.. asking if someone would be so kind as to build me a kernel..
Without the remote booting working.. I need to boot off floppy.. So I need to
make a boot floppy with a kernel on it to mount root via nfs..  Can't make a
kernel thus no boot floppy.

Thank you... (I'm not flooding the list with my config file, if you are feeling
generous, ask and I'll mail it to you)

---
Tim Rightnour    -  root@garbled.futureone.com
http://www.zynetwc.com/~garbled/garbled.html