Subject: Re: Update on Multia SRM firmware
To: Soren S. Jorvang <>
From: Wilko Bulte <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/02/1997 19:36:18
As Soren S. Jorvang wrote...
> On Mon, 1 Dec 1997, Wilko Bulte wrote:
> > As promised, I've made inquiries within Digital to find out if the
> > latest SRM firmware that solves the problems with bootp (that the
> > SRM code on has) can be released into the world outside
> > Digital.
> How about earlier version of released firmware? I seem to remember that
> v3.8-2, as opposed to v3.8-3 (the interim version found on gatekeeper)
> worked with netboot and had about the same other random bugs.

I do not currently have an earlier version available. If there is somebody
out there who can give me the exact version info that has been proven to
work I can try to obtain it. If it was out in the field before there should
be no problem whatsoever with providing it to you I suppose.

Don't expect a quick answer though, I'll be in Cannes (France) from december
4 until december 15.

----------------  Support your local daemons: run [Free,Net]BSD Unix  ------