Subject: Re: Boot Floppy Image Available
To: Juergen Weiss <weiss@uni-mainz.de>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/15/1997 13:02:43
On Fri, 14 Nov 1997, Juergen Weiss wrote:

> The data overrun errors seem to occur on all 166 MHz multias.
> They don't occur on 233 MHz models, even with the same firmware.

Which explains why I'd never seen these when I had a Multia.

> Die DMA is not able to service the floppy controller in time
> (don't ask me why this should happen).  The `solution' is to
> reread or rewrite the sector in error.

Which the console does, after printing an error message, I guess.

Ah, such wonderful little machines these multias are. :-)

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite myst, software reverberates