Subject: Re: Boot Floppy Image Available
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
From: Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/14/1997 00:18:52
As Curt Sampson wrote...
> On Thu, 13 Nov 1997, Wilko Bulte wrote:
>
> > You asked for it... Below is the log I got when booting my Multia box.
> > Note the data overruns (I clipped at lot of them for breveties sake)
> > and the crash after I typed 'halt':
>
> All of that looks like it's due to firmware problems, although the floppy

This is the latest released firmware as far as I can tell. It is on gatekeeper.dec.com
and I had my Multia checked in the DEC repair facility. Repaired boards
are shipped with the same firmware apparantly.

> disk read errors might also be due to a bad disk. I'm not sure what to
> do about this; suggestions anyone?

It is not the actual disk, another disk behaves the same.

Wilko
----------------  Support your local daemons: run [Free,Net]BSD Unix  --Yoda