Subject: AlphaStation graphics board for NetBSD
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Terry R. Friedrichsen <terry@venus.sunquest.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/13/1997 09:30:03
I'm buying an AlphaStation 255/300 to run Dunix, VMS and NT (code porta-
bility is a big issue for me in *that* environment), but I also want this
system to be able to run NetBSD.

I've read the hardware support Web page, but I just wanted to ask here if
there is anything I should avoid in spec'ing this system.  The Web page
also says that the 53c810 SCSI driver is buggy - is that still the case?
Thanks in advance for any info.

Terry R. Friedrichsen

terry@venus.sunquest.com

P. S.:  Methinks I sent a "subscribe" message to everybody on the port-
alpha list a couple of days ago.  If so, I apologize; I got interrupted
by an urgent problem in the middle of sending the message to port-alpha-
request and sent the message hurriedly ...

I can dredge up witnesses to report that I am not, in fact, quite the bozo
this makes me appear to be!