Subject: Boot Floppy Available
To: NetBSD/Alpha Users <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Curt Sampson <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/18/1997 16:43:08
I've just put up an alpha boot floppy on in
/pub/NetBSD/arch/alpha/new/bootfloppy.971018.gz. This contains an
md (ramdisk) in it that has enough utilities on it to do an install
in most circustances.

It works fine on my AXPpci33, but if I could get a bunch of other
people to test it out on various systems, I'd appreciate it. I had
to strip a fair amount of stuff out of the kernel to wedge the
whole thing on to a floppy, but I think we should be ok on all but
the weirdest configurations.

Curt Sampson	   Info at
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite myst, software reverberates