Subject: DDB support committed
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/05/1997 19:04:28
Hi folks...

I've just committed changes to support DDB in the Alpha port, that
I've been working on for some time.  They originally came from Mach 3,
and were initially ported to NetBSD/alpha by Chris Demetriou (thanks,
Chris!), and have been hacked on by me for ... oh, several months now.

I've finally fixed some of the more annoying bugs in the code, and
finished fixing up the disassembler.  Right now the biggest problem
with the code is that back tracing doesn't work, yet.  If anyone would
like to work on that, please let me know.  (I simply don't have time
to do it, right now.)

It has full symbol support (I committed the Elf symbol support to DDB
some time ago, as well as to the Alpha boot program), but before you
boot a kernel with DDB, _please_ make sure to update your boot blocks;
there was a bug in the symbol loading code, that can cause unaligned
access faults when the debugger hooks in the symbol table.

Ciao.

NAS: M/S 258-6                                       Work: +1 415 604 0935