Subject: "And now for some[one] completely different!"
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@pa.dec.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/29/1997 17:57:54
I'm resigning from my position as 'port maintainer' for the Alpha
port, effective immediately.  It was great working with you all, and
I'm glad to have done so.  It's not like I'm going to be 'gone' or
anything; I'm still going to be spending some time at home and at work
working on NetBSD, but I probably won't be doing much at all with the
Alpha port in the future.

I'm sure that a bunch of you are wondering why I'm resigning.  It's
been a long, winding decision (though admittedly was catalyzed by some
recent events).  I've not had the resources necessary to do
NetBSD/alpha development for quite some time, but worse I've not
really felt compelled to _find_ those resources.  That meant that was
just a matter of time before I pulled the big red "EJECT!!!"  handle.
I'll be quite happy to have more time to spend away from hacking.  8-)

A few comments on "open business":

I've got no 'successor' lined up as port maintainer.  Over time I've
asked a few people to take the job, but none of them ever really
stepped up to do it.  I'm sure that 'core' is competent to pick a
replacement, however.

I'll do what I can to help those of you who have questions about
NetBSD/alpha outstanding with me.  I'm quite behind on some aspects of
my e-mail, so if you think you have a question outstanding, please
resend it and i'll either try to help you out or inform you that i'm
no longer the right person to ask.

If I've promised or implied that I would write or commit any NetBSD
code for any of you, that's probably not going to happen.  "Send me
mail."

Anyway, again: it's been fun!

chris