Subject: Re: Multia problem
To: Bernard Gardner <>
From: Jason Thorpe <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/29/1997 12:01:29
On Thu, 28 Aug 1997 15:28:02 +1000
 Bernard Gardner <> wrote:

 > I have a Multia on which I was running NetBSD until it went *POP* one day and
 > stopped working. Now, on switching the machine on, nothing is displayed on the
 > monitor, but the diagnostic LED is indicating that the self test is OK. There's
 > no obvious damage to the board.
 > I connected a terminal to the serial port (9600 8N1), and on powerup, the
 > machine says:
 > Brk 0 at 001303A8
 > 001303A8! BPT

This is exactly the mode of failure that mine exhibited when it
"Bit The Dust".

I think I'd chalk this up to Yet Another Multia Melts Down.  There have been
lots of complaints of quality problems with that particular system.

Jason R. Thorpe
NAS: M/S 258-6                                       Work: +1 415 604 0935