Subject: Newbie alert!
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ryan Benigno <rbenigno@home.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/24/1997 20:32:16
I recently got ahold of a UDB to play around on and stuck
linux on it.  Turns out the linux/alpha port isn't so
great so I want to try NetBSD (I tried OpenBSD but gave
up when I had to edit my disklabel with ed rather then
vi unlike the x86 port).  Anyways for lack of a better
way to write the rz25 image I booted to linux just used
dd over my working hard drive.  When I tried to boot
from the SRM console, the bootstrap code couldn't find
"/netbsd"...how do I get the kernel on the drive?
Are there any directions out there a tad more detailed
the readme on ftp.netbsd.org?
Any help would be apprciated.

Thanks,
Ryan