Subject: Re: configure system swap
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: dave <dave@bsdserve1.comsite.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/31/1997 20:26:10
I built the kernel on -current without much of a problem here other than
rebuilding config...I'm building everything else now...we will see what
happens.  I have an AlphaStation 200 (166mhz).  If I can get a good handle
on how the NetBSD build system works, perhaps I could start working on an
automated build system for it that would let me do snapshots
automatically.  The only problem with this is I get charged for bandwidth
on my T1 so I couldnt let very many people FTP from it...Is there anyplace
that could mirror the snapshots should I get this working?  Would this be
*really* useful enough to people to justify spending time on it?

BTW, think it would be worth submitting my patches for setnetbootinfo to
run on FreeBSD(little-endian) in?  I had a small problem that was keeping
my from netbooting on old firmware after I ported it that I after
bootstrapping the system from another drive I borrowed I was able to run
setnetboot natively and compare it to the FreeBSD copy I ported...It was
just 2 swapped bytes (I stupidly guessed wrong at the Alpha byte order).

--Dave Ferovick
ComSite International