Subject: Re: dumb questions about kernel builds
To: Mark H. Levine <yba@polytronics.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/30/1997 12:04:03
On Tue, 29 Jul 1997, Chris G. Demetriou wrote:

> It'd be nice if somebody would build a new Alpha snapshot.  I would,
> but I don't have the machines to do it with.  (In fact, I don't even
> know the last time anyone built the full source tree on the alpha...)

I built the full source tree on the 16th of June. I think I had to
make a few very minor tweaks, but nothing major. It's been running
on my home file server for well over a month now quite happily.

I reinstalled that build to a scratch tree and tarred it up. You
can find the results at:

    ftp://ftp.cynic.net/pub/NetBSD-local/alpha-970616

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite myst, software reverberates