Subject: dumb questions about kernel builds
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark H. Levine <yba@polytronics.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/29/1997 20:22:14
Apparently the only sources we can grab are the current sources?
If we actually want to build a kernel, using something that has
built a kernel before and compiles, what should one do?  Check out
some CVS version that corresponds to 1.2D?

I know the current sources are not warranted to compile, but I can't
even get past config :).  It complains rightly that std.alpha is in
the config dir, not in arch/alpha/conf, which is where we're supposed
to run config, I thought, and that there are errors in files.alpha and
syntax errors in /sys/conf/files (defopt).

Is everyone using something else?  Did I grab source on the wrong day?
(What _is_ NetBSD 1.2.1 and why isn't there an alpha dir?).  OK, what
I really mean is 'help' :-).