Subject: Heads-up: bootinfo/DDB changes
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/24/1997 17:22:33
Hi folks...

Just a heads up.  I have committed some changes that get us closer to DDB
support on the Alpha:

	- New way of passing information from boot program to the kernel.
	  Now a structure is used, but the kernel will fall back on the
	  old method if the structure is not passed.

	- The boot block now loads the kernel symbol table.  This means
	  you should update your boot block!

	- Some additional DDB glue/single-stepping support code.

Note that not all of the changes require for DDB to work have been committed
yet, so please don't try to build a DDB-enabled kernel just now... this is
a checkpoint step...

I have been running this code for some time, and I don't anticipate any
problems... but if you encounter any, please send a bug report with send-pr(1)
and I will attend to it ASAP.

Ciao.