Subject: PCI net card probs on AXPpci33
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ari Rubenstein <arubenstein@staff.portal.ca>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/15/1997 22:25:23
Hi,

I'm installing 1.2 on my Alpha AXPpci33 ...

So I dd'd the rz25-image file onto the disk I'll be using.  Made the
recommended changes to the /etc/* files, and it seems to boot o.k.

Except:  It can't find the ethernet card I'm using to test drive.

The card is a 3com 3C906-TX .  Like I say, this card is just for testing
purposes, but I was hoping to buy a similar one, as I've had good
experiences with 3com.

On boot up, it detects the PCI bus, the video card, etc.

Then it says:

vendor 3Com, unknown product 0x9050 (class network, subclass ethernet,
revision 0x00) at pci0 dev 8 function 0 not configured

Is this card not supported, or am I a pratt?  Do I somehow have to get a
generic kernel on to this baby?  I'm still using the disk image one...

- Ari

Ari Rubenstein				Internet Portal Services

arubenstein@staff.portal.ca		phone:	(604) 257-9400
					fax:	(604) 257-9401