Subject: Equivalent for -taso
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Pat Villani <patv@unx.dec.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/30/1997 09:38:44
Hi folks,

Maybe someone here knows.  I've got a 32-bit program that has _many_ 32-bit
dependencies.  I managed to build it and to get it 90% operational on DIGITAL
UNIX by using the native C compiler and specifying the -taso option.

I'd like to get it to run on NetBSD.  As far as I know, gcc and GNU's ld has
no such option.  Am I wrong?  If not, is there some way to effectively limit
pointers to use only the lower 32-bits with the GNU tool chain?

Pat

+--------------------------------+------------------------------------+
| Pat Villani                    | Email:            patv@unx.dec.com |
| UBPG/UESG                      |                   unxa::villani    |
| Digital Equipment Corporation  |                                    |
| Manalapan, NJ                  | Amateur call:     WB2GBF           |
| Disclaimer:                                                         |
| All opinions, ideas and comments expressed are strictly mine and do |
| not reflect on my employer.                                         |
| I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, doctor, and I'm happy to   |
| state I finally won out over it. -- Elwood P. Dowd                  |