Subject: Re: Anyone done a POVRAY port?
To: None <>
From: Curt Sampson <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/06/1997 09:32:30
On Fri, 6 Jun 1997, Mike Grommet wrote:

> I use povray for rendering on occasion and
> was not impressed by this little 166 AXP chip
> when rendering side by side with a pentium 166 running windows95.

Do you have a 21066-based (Multia or AXPpci33) machine, rather than
a 21064-based machine? If so, the memory bandwidth is somewhere
between a quarter and a half of the memory bandwidth of Pentium,
and you can't expcet good performance on anything that uses large
data sets.

Curt Sampson		Info at
Internet Portal Services, Inc.		`And malt does more than Milton can
Vancouver, BC   (604) 257-9400		 To justify God's ways to man.'