Subject: Re: Trouble with TCP connections in -current today?
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/27/1997 20:50:52
On Tue, 27 May 1997 20:53:11 -0700
 Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com> wrote:

 > I'm noticing a problem with NetBSD-alpha using the DEC ethernet
 > driver.   The problem, which seems to happen pretty consistently with
 > my xterms, is that I'll be hacking along merrily and suddenly my
 > connection will freeze.   If I log in on the console and run netstat,
 > I see a large amount of data waiting to be transmitted.
 >
 > This problem doesn't seem to be present in the April snapshot kernel -
 > just in a kernel built from sources I updated today.

I'm running an alpha kernel of this vintage:

NetBSD 1.2D (NOSY) #38: Wed May  7 13:42:19 PDT 1997

...and haven't seen said problem... I planned on updating it soon,
however.  I'm using DEC ethernet cards on i386 systems, and am not
seeing any trouble, either... I will keep my eyes open, though.

(Note, however, that nosy is a TurboChannel system, and uses the
LANCE driver, so I might miss it if it's an alpha/tulip combo
screw...)