Subject: Re: README: test kernel for new DMA framework available
To: Mark H. Levine <yba@polytronics.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/23/1997 12:12:47
On Fri, 23 May 1997 14:08:29 -0400
 "Mark H. Levine" <yba@polytronics.com> wrote:

 > Is there anyone working on an Adaptec 2940UW driver port for NetBSD/Alpha?

...actaully, Matt Jacob made the ahc driver work under NetBSD/alpha
while he was doing the AlphaServer support code ... the ahc worked
before the isp driver was written :-)

 > (We're interested in having a PC164 system that uses this scsi3 board;
 > I'd be interested in knowing how hard it is to port the i386 driver
 > to Alpha if Jason or someone else who has tried something similar has
 > any advice.  I'm not sure if the AHA driver implies the AHC driver is
 > on someone's queue....)

...ah, that's the beauty of how we try to do things under NetBSD... it's
not an i386 driver... it's a PCI driver, or an ISA driver, etc... :-)