Subject: ISP 1040 boards update...
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthew P. Jacob <mjacob@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/20/1997 16:16:58
I mentioned in this alias recently that the only commerical source
of ISP chip PCI boards was via EBV electronics, and that I was going
to order a oouple and report back.......

Okay- the boards came- they use the 1040B chip. They were *much* happier
in my PC164 system. That was the good news.

The not so good news is that the SRM for the AlphaServer 8X00 (and this
is the most recent) can't boot through these fellows.... It mau be some
NVRAM settings that need to set, but the take home lesson is that for
the AlphaServer, they're not 'plug-n-play' (cough). Too bad.

Still, 205$+tax for a wide ultra or wide differential ultra isn't bad
at all.