Subject: Re: Multia problems
To: None <mjacob@feral.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/25/1997 14:48:20
> Well, you know, I really haven't had any trouble with the one I have
> at home. I've had a couple frotz on me at NASA, but that was mostly
> due to not giving them enough airflow at the front left where the
> exhaust fan is.

Mine died also.  I don't know why, though the self-test code is
"A" meaning a ram problem.

> For 800$, whaddya want?

Well, something that is as good as $800 worth of Intel hardware
I guess.  I bought mine from www.onsale.com for $410, which wasn't
too bad I guess, though more than faster Intel.  I wanted an
Alpha at home.  Now I'm dead in the water, and wishing I had a
second P133 instead of a boat anchor.. :(

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.