Subject: Re: ISP 1020 working flawlessly on an AS500
To: Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@cs.cmu.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/14/1997 17:31:58
> I want to publically thank Matthew Jacob for his work on the ISP 1020
> driver.

Amen!  8-)

> I've just installed the latest snapshot on an AS500/266 with an
> onboard ISP 1020 & 2 4G Barricudas (using the kernel's that Chris
> Demetriou put up Weds. evening.) So far, everything seems to be
> working just fine.

Cool.

For the record, it currently _does not_ seem to work on the built-in
ISP1020s on AlphaStation 600s (or at least, on AlphaStation 600s with
the same firmware that the one next to me nas 8-).

On AlphaStation 600s, they are behind a PPB, and it looks like this
firmware doesn't correctly configure the I/O spaces of devices behind
that ppb.  When i switched the driver to use the ISP1020's memory
space, it worked as expected.

I just sent some mail to Matt about this, actually.  I hope to check
in some sort of fix "soon."  If anybody wants to get an AlphaStation
600 up and running, and it doesn't work with the kernel/floppy which i
previously distributed, get in touch with me and i'll cut you a new
one which should work.

chris