Subject: Re: kernel with today's changes now available.
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@cs.cmu.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/13/1997 00:53:39
I pointed you all at:
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/incoming/cgd/netbsd-GENERIC-970312.gz

Because I thought it might be useful for some people, I created a
bootable floppy image of that kernel, as well, which is at:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/incoming/cgd/floppy-GENERIC-970312.gz

Grab that image, gunzip it, then get it on to a 1.44M floppy somehow.
dd on a UN*X box should get it there, as should 'rawrite.exe' (part of
the i386 distribution; look in the NetBSD 1.2 i386 distribution area)
from a DOS/Windows PC box.  I've also heard that rawrite.exe works
under NT, even on non-PC architectures, so that could work for you,
too.  Then stick in your alpha's floppy drive, and boot from the
floppy device with flags "SHN" (for safety/sanity 8-).

chris