Subject: Re: ld core dumping?
To: None <cgd@cs.cmu.edu>
From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/10/1997 22:49:53

>> Has anyone been seeing the 970305 ld core dump while building kernels?
>
>You have some ECOFF objects running around.
>
>Sorry about the lousy diagnostic message.  8-)
>

>(This is a 'known problem,' and i'm not sure if it's fixed in the
>current toolchain sources, or is considered 'worth fixing' by the
>people who maintain the relevant bits of the toolchain.)

Hmm. Oh. That's right. Heh. SUP pulls over .o files, right, and
I forgot to do a make clean... Sorry for the false alarm...

It was probably more perturbing to have gdb say "I don't support
core files on this architecture". Urgle...I spent close on 3-4
weeks last fall trying bootstrap some elf tools for alpha... No... No
No, he whimpered (as at least two level three earthquake tremors
add to the noise in SF here this evening.....)