Subject: Re: ugh... de0 problems
To: Mike Schwartz <mykes@sportsextra.com>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/10/1997 15:38:08
Operating System: NetBSD 1.2 alpha

Mike Schwartz wrote
[...]
> Now for the real question I have.  I don't have this mysterious green book or
> any other real documentation on the SRM env vars and programs.  I swapped out
> this one alpha that died with another that was running NT for weeks of uptime.
> This NT worked fine on the ethernet.  I happen to have NetBSD on an external drive,
> so all I had to do was switch the machine to srm console mode and boot off the
> drive.  It comes up fine, but refuses to talk on the ethernet.
>
> Ifconfig shows it working, the boot manifest shows it working, but ping or
> traceroute or routed or whatever fails.
>
> I hope someone has had this problem and knows a solution.

This is very similar to what I am experiencing here. I reported this
behaviour of my system after rebuilding and updating to NetBSD-970305
see the archive for my previous mail from a few days ago.

Either my mail didn't make it to this mailing list or nobody is
interested in the de0 device :)

I am using a SMC EtherPower card which has a 21041 on it. It
use to work fine before upgrading to NetBSD-current. I since
re-installed NetBSD-release...

cheerio Berndt
--
Name	: Berndt Josef Wulf