Subject: Re: rwho
To: Matt Mc Namara <mmcnamar@gr-lakes.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@cs.cmu.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/08/1997 17:19:58
> I have an alpha 3000 300x system here, with Netbsd 1.2 on it. After
> the system fires up, attaches to the network, all goes well. but when I
> invoke ruptime, it says "no hosts in /var/rwho" No error messages were
> displayed when rwhod was enabled. Any suggestions?

Data to be printed by rwho and ruptime is gathered by 'rwhod'.  You
need to be running that daemon in order to use rwho and ruptime.

You can configure /etc/netstart to automatically start rwhod.

I just checked to make sure that rwhod, rwho, and ruptime work on
NetBSD/alpha.  They appear to work properly.

cgd