Subject: Re: ISP chip support for NetBSD
To: None <cshapiro@sparky.ic.sunysb.edu>
From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/07/1997 21:28:17
>[...]
>
>> You're welcome. I think I'd like to do with this what the aic folks
>> have done and try and support FreeBSD/Linux as well...
>
>One can find two ISP1020 drivers in the Linux source tree.  One for the
>Qlogic brand PCI SCSI cards, and one for a Performance Technologies brand
>SBus SCSI adapter.

Yes, I know. It's something of a bug to have two drivers. I also have
done some work for John Grana at Performance Technologies- I have several
of their cards. I also do some work with Sun and know the people who did
*their* ISP implementation.

I've been talking to the Linux authors (well, the one who has responded
to mail so far) about starting up a joint AIC group like effort,
and I've had a positive response.