Subject: Re: AXP 3000-300X hangs
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@cs.cmu.edu>
From: John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/06/1997 11:53:28
Chris G. Demetriou wrote:
> > I managed to interrput the kernel to the SRM console which reported the
> > PC as FFFFFC00.003005DC. From the link map this looks like the idle loop?
> > [ ... ]
> > So, is it likely to be waiting on an interrupt that never arrives?
>
> It's likely to be sitting at a "Enter name of single-user shell"
> prompt, or running multi-user waiting for you to log in.
>
> "see my previous mail."  8-)

Yeah, thanks for that. I had (wrongly) assumed that the "supported
hardware" info was out-of-date when I saw the the kernel could write
to the console. And I do remember that I used to use a serial console
on that box. How time flies... 8-)

Oh, and yes the kernel does boot and asks for the shell ('cause I
only gave it one of the disks - noname normally gets 3).

> chris

Regards,

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@netbsd.org
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, 119 Cecil Street, South Melbourne Vic 3205, Australia