Subject: Re: Looking for NetBDS on CDROM
To: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
From: Jerry Mendes <mendes@garnet.berkeley.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/04/1997 13:30:07
At 07:56 PM 3/3/97 PST, Matthew Jacob wrote:
>Not available on floppy or CDROM. It is installable, though,
>if you have access to a system that you can dd an rz25 image from.
>
>See ftp.netbsd.org. Or, if you really get desparate, you can pop
>over to my place in San Francisco (Noe Valley) with a disk, and for
>the price of a beer, I'll make you a disk that you bring along....

Matthew:

Thanks for the offer.  I'm sure we can work out a beer or two, and the
floppy disk is no sweat.  However, I travel (in a car) with a
wheelchair...which doesn't work well in many parts of SF....Noe Valley is
noted for many great looking older homes....all with stairs.  Could we meet
somewhere close (say, Noe Valley Bar & Grill on 24th), I give you the floppy
and you make the copy while I suck down a beer?  No, that doesn't seem fair
at all, does it?  In any event, I'm sure we can work something out.

Now for a somewhat tech question.  Are you telling me that rz25 is the
complete image for NetBSD, and that it fits on a single floppy disk?  That
doesn't sound right.  Most UNIX distributions take 10 or 15 floppies.  And I
do have a "dd" executable I've downloaded from SunSoft, so I can update my
Solaris x86 product.  Will their 'dd' work with NetBSD?

Thanks.  Hope to hear from you soon.
Jerry Mendes, Principal Consultant          Voice: (415) 381-5500
DataComm Insights                           FAX:   (415) 381-5502
150 Seminary Drive                          Email: mendes@garnet.berkeley.edu
Mill Valley, California  94941