Subject: Re: Support for AXP Motherboard
To: J. Joseph Max Katz <jkatz@corinne.mac.edu>
From: Carl S Shapiro <cshapiro@sparky.ic.sunysb.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/21/1997 14:03:21
[...]

> I always thought you could download the appropriate firmware/console from
> DEC's ftp site and then just load it up into the ROM. Either that, or
> throwing a jumper somewhere.....

I can not find the firmware for either the EB64+ based boards or the
EB164 based boards on gatekeeper:

ftp> pwd
257 "/pub/DEC/Alpha/firmware/v3.8" is current directory.
ftp> ls -C
200 PORT command successful.
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for /bin/ls.
alpha1000     alpha500      alphaxl       dec4000       options
alpha1000a    alpha600      as4x00        dec7000       smmtable.txt
alpha200      alpha8x00     axpvme        decaxppci33   turbochannel
alpha2100     alphabook1    dec10000      dmcc21064a
alpha255      alphasv400    dec2000       doc
alpha400      alphavme      dec3000       fw_apb.exe
226 Transfer complete.

While the online install guide for Digital UNIX 4.0 states that the
firmware for those boards is on the "Alpha Firmware CD-ROM 3.8", I
cannot find those files anywhere in the "/pub/Alpha"  directory on
gatekeeper.  The SRM console users guide clearly states that the
Cabriolet (AlphaPC64) is one of the boards that supports the SRM
console.

Dunno...  Anyone have any suggestions?

Carl