Subject: Up and running with an AXPpci
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <explorer@flame.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/17/1997 02:46:46
I recently bought an AXPpci motherboard and just installed NetBSD/alpha
from the most recent snapshot.

Some problems:

My de ethernet card doesn't work.  Is this supported in that release?

The machine tends to get "machine check" panics quite often under
nearly any medium to heavy use.

Is anyone working on getting the (seemingly) ISA IDE controller working
on the alpha?  If not, I will probably work on this, hopefully cleaning
up the crusty old wd driver in the process.

If anyone can build a more recentl kernel which fixes the first two
(I'm not crossing my fingers on the IDE one :) problems, please
let me know.

It feels good to be out of the Intel world, even if the performance isn't
going to be all that much better.  :)

--Michael