Subject: Re: Problems dynamically linking tn3270
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@CS.cmu.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/12/1997 20:34:26
> From a Feb 9th update, when I attempt to dynamically link tn3270,
> I get the following:
>
> ===> tn3270
> cc   -o tn3270 apilib.o api_bsd.o api_exch.o asc_ebc.o astosc.o dctype.o disp_asc.o ebc_disp.o map3270.o termin.o api.o function.o inbound.o oia.o options.o outbound.o genbsubs.o globals.o system.o termout.o commands.o main.o network.o ring.o sys_bsd.o te
> lnet.o terminal.o tn3270.o utilities.o -lcurses -ltermcap -ltelnet -lkrb -ldes -lcrypt
> /usr/lib/libtelnet.so.1.0: undefined reference to `net_write'
> /usr/lib/libtelnet.so.1.0: undefined reference to `telnet_spin'
> /usr/lib/libtelnet.so.1.0: undefined reference to `net_encrypt'
> *** Error code 1
>
> The same problem occurs whether I install the domestic or the
> international libtelnet.so. However, it will link statically. Does
> anyone know what's up with this?

So, since the shared library toolchain is currently unreleased, and
therefore mostly unsupported, you should have sent me private mail
about it.  (To those who are watching: if you're interested in trying
it out, and feel that you'd bang on it a bit, send me mail.)

Anyway, that problem was a bug in the tn3270 build scheme.  There was
a bug in the libkrb shared library build which has now been fixed, as
well.

cgd