Subject: Alpha Recommendation Query
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John C. Hayward <John.C.Hayward@wheaton.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/11/1997 11:19:34
Dear Alpha People,
   We are in the process or distributing our network services on various
machines.  Since NetBSD is well connected with Sendmail, DNS and so on
we are considering using some Alphas running NetBSD for these services.
With last falls sale of varioius Multia's we were thinking of using
some of these inexpensive Alphas for doing various things and having a
spare around to plug in as a replacement.
   Last Fall it seemed that the 166MHZ multia was going for $800 and in
smaller supply the 233MHZ for $1100.
   Any suggestions for what might be a good Alpha which NetBSD is
supported which would be good for such a pupose?
   If not we will probably get some Pent-Pros and put the i386 port
up.

TIA for any pointers.
johnh...