Subject: AXPpci33 and PCI<->PCI bridges
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ben Tober <tober@bbnplanet.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/09/1997 11:40:38
	Well, it appears that even with the latest firmware, our AXPpci33
systems do _not_ configure PPBs or devices behind PPBs (boo, hiss).  Does
anyone know whether DEC is aware of and/or whether they might fix this?
I'm now looking at having to carry our "evil hack" PPB configuration code into
-current.  Perhaps PCI configuration is done by the SROM code and not the
firmware, I'm not sure.  Does anyone know the latest version for the
AXPpci33 SROM code and have access to it?  I'm very surprised that this issue
hasn't been fixed, as PPBs aren't really obscure or exotic - we're supposed
to be able to have uniquitous multifunction PCI peripherals that contain
them, for example.
-ben