Subject: FYI: sysctl machdep.booted_kernel added
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@auchentoshan.pdl.cs.cmu.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/06/1996 23:33:14
so, FYI: today i added a "machdep.booted_kernel" sysctl variable to
-current that you'll see when you rebuild your kernel and sysctl.

I got sick of having lots of KVM-using programs not work when i booted
alternate kernels.  (I've been doing a lot of that lately, testing
changes.  8-)

Anyway, if that tends to annoy you, too, i suggest you put something
like:

(
        kernelname=`sysctl -n machdep.booted_kernel 2> /dev/null`
        if [ X"${kernelname}" = X"" ]; then
                kernelname=/netbsd
        fi
        kvm_mkdb "${kernelname}"
)

into /etc/rc, in place of the existing kvm_mkdb command.

chris