Subject: Re: Changing Ethernet-IRQ in netbsd kernel
To: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@ux2.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/15/1996 16:33:20
On Thu, 14 Nov 1996, Chris G Demetriou wrote:

> Which ethernet connector are you using?  I seem to recall that with
> the 'de' driver in NetBSD, one of them (i think it's the thinnet
> connector) can't be used on the Multia/UDB.

That's correct. If my job ever stops dumping on me for a couple of
days (I just worked through my entire `day off' today) I'll continue
to try and find out why it allegedly works under Linux, but not
for us. (I've not tried it myself under Linux, and I'm starting to
get a bit suspicious because I've poked the couple of the things
that were different in the port selection code under Linux into
the NetBSD driver, and it still didn't work. There aren't any
special UDB-specific things happening, as far as I can tell, in
the Linux driver. I just switches to AUI/BNC if it doesn't get a
10base-T carrier, and then switches to AUI/BNC again if it doesn't
get an AUI carrier.)

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.