Subject: Re: NetBSD crashes on boot
To: John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@ux2.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/08/1996 23:57:52
> The noname has everything on the mother board except for graphics and
> ethernet. I've got a Stealth PCI video card in there.

the multia has both built-in video and built-in ethernet.  (i.e. both
are on motherboard.)

You have a system that has the same CPU type as the multia and works
mostly the same way, but is definitely not a multia.  I'd not be
surprised if DEC did different versions of the firmware for the two
types of boxes (esp. since the multia has PCMCIA.)

What ethernet connectors does your box have?  the multia has
connectors for UTP, thinnet and AUI...

> I don't know how the noname compares to Multia.

"see above."

> cgd is (always) the best
> person to answer that. 8-).

I'm not so sure i agree...  i've never seen a real live AXPpci system
that wasn't a multia/udb...

cgd