Subject: Re: Booting With Serial Console on Multia
To: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@ux2.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/07/1996 07:48:02
On Wed, 6 Nov 1996, Curt Sampson wrote:

> I'd just like to confirm that compiling a kernel without the pcivga
> device works properly for a serial boot; the system detects the
> tga correctly.
> I'm poking about a bit to see if I can find out what causes this
> false detection.

Latest bit of news on this: it appears that the tga is either not
being probed at all or isn't being detected when the system is
booted from a serial console. This means that it can't override
the pcivga probe (which also is always detected, just with a lower
priority). I've got to go off to work now, so I can't so any more
work on this until this evening.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.