Subject: PLEASE TEST: kernel with new bus.h implementation availabe
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@ux2.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/23/1996 20:40:02
There's a GENERIC kernel built with the new bus.h implementation
available at:

	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/incoming/cgd/netbsd.GENERIC-newbus.gz

I've tried it on AlphaStation 200/400-family machines and 3000/300's.
I expect that other supported 21064-family-based ISA/EISA/PCI systems
will work fine, as will the other TurboChannel machines (since, in
general, the TC machines don't use bus.h for anything).

 However, i need people to try the following sets of hardware:

	AlphaStation [56]00-family machines
		(i.e. machines with 21164-family processors)

	Multias and other AXPpci-family machines
		(i.e. machines with 2106[68]-family processors)

	TurboChannel machines which actually use the 'fta' driver.
		(fta is the only bus.h-using TC driver, at this time)

please try the kernel out and get back to me (or the list) if there
are any problems.

chris