Subject: Re: anybody seen output lossage with 'de' driver?
To: John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@ux2.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/14/1996 17:38:56
> I've seen the same symptoms on a small ethernet (mine's bigger than
> yours 8-), but I was never sure that it was the AXPpci running NetBSD
> that was causing it. It doesn't happen very often, but at the times
> it has, there was some hefty NFS stuff (both server and client) going on.

Hmm.  I also noticed that the 'ncr' scsi code got timeouts and had a
bit of trouble syncing the disk when it was shutting down.  the
problems are probably related...

> BTW, a bigger pain is the fact that the AXPpci running NetBSD/Alpha
> locks up after periods of no user activity (like leaving the machine
> on overnight with nobody logged on). The machine is up-to-date with
> the 1.2 sources that -current has been putting out on sup.

I think i've mentioned before that i've never seen this...

Is it only the console that locks up, or does the network lock up,
too?

Could you send me (privately) your /etc/ttys?

chris