Subject: userland blues
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Aaron Benner <abenner@www2.avicom.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/12/1996 16:28:48
hello again,

I just read through a better part of the archives for this mailing
list and didn't see much talk of userland compilation problems.  This
is what has been giving me the most trouble since getting our multia
running netbsd.

In particular, I've recently tried to compile HylaFAX to set the box
up to do automatic mail-to-fax forwarding.  The problem with this is
that Hylafax complains about the version of gcc I'm using and tells me
all about how it can't find the g++ library.

I downloaded the source for gcc-2.7.2.1 but it won't configure becuase
it doesn't recognize "alpha-unknown-netbsd" as a valid configuration
type.

I'm not much of a unix guru, as a matter of fact I'm really new to all
of this and as such find what may be trival things to others to be
real stumbling blocks.

So, am I going to have to hack the configure file for gcc (which makes
me woozy to think about) or is there an easy, if obscure, method to
accomplish the task?

Thanks
Aaron Benner
abenner@www2.avicom.net

"But I just started.  What do you mean, fix it???"