Subject: Re: DEC 2000 axp (jensen??)
To: None <brian.gelly@ab.com>
From: Martin Ostermann <ost@comnets.rwth-aachen.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/30/1996 10:30:56
"Brian J. Gelly" <brian.gelly@ab.com> writes:
> i'm a new subscriber, and have recently inherited a dec 2000/150
> machine.
> currently there is no os installed.  we tried to install redhat linux,
> but could never get the system to mount a device (nfs or cd rom),..
> therefore, could never truly install.  i was told about netbsd as a
> good os for this machine (someone called it a jensen?).  now the

Brian, I know a lot of people who run RedHat perfectly fine on a
Jensen, including myself. The installation procedure of RedHat 2.1 was
very buggy, but it's been cleaned up in 3.0.3. At least there are less
complaints on the mailing list, axp-list@redhat.com.

Martin
--
Martin Ostermann                | mailto:ost@comnets.rwth-aachen.de